Front adj coil overs and ride height questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't seem possible unless the toe is really whacked.

when you lift the front end the supsension drops and the camber changes. When you put the car back down the friction between the tires and ground prevent the tires sliding to allow the suspension to relax. Bouncing the car won't let the bottom of the tires to move out. If you don't roll the car to allow the suspension the relax the suspension is under tension and if you are checking for ride height your measurement will be off, the weight bias percetage will be off and the cross weight percentage will be off. Even if you turn the steering lock to lock you can't be sure the front suspension is relaxed.

Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
:popcorn:I can see where turning the steering wheel might help center up the ball joints, but what does rolling it do?
I was always told to bounce once or twice to ensure everything seated properly & then roll it back/forth for the wheels/tires to find their new 'natural' center after any adjustment.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Eh. When I'm done I'm just going to take her out into the cul-d-sac and rip a bunch of donuts. That should work

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Put casters under front tires and she dropped at least an inch. Plus pushing down on front frame horns and now I've got movement
20200720_205915.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor