Front and rear windshield????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
I think I misunderstood is all. I thought the seal around the window was a type of weather stripping

If you're windshield is not leaking, you're good to go!
biggrin.gif

paul.m

Master Mechanic
Oct 20, 2018
Do your research on glass replacement , the black urethane used to seal and hold the glass in place almost never leaks ! I have not replaced windshields but i have done at least a couple dozen pickup truck back windows to sliders and have never ever had one leak or clack , i have seen 20 + year old urethane look and feel the same as when installed. It takes a special air tool cutter to get them out , instead of being a reciprocating style it cut,s semi circle about 90 degree,s back and forth , and can break old glass pretty easy if the operator is not real careful . So if you do allow someone to take them out better have written agreement on responsibility for glass .

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I just finished removing all the glass from my 78, while there were no leaks.... I did find quite a bit of rust that needs to be dealt with after i removed all the sealant. On cars this old, couldn't hurt to remove the glass and make sure the metal is in good shape.... just my 2 cents.

I'm very glad I decided to remove the all glass on my build.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor