Front backing plates new

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This is my first time seeing these new, I know I looked a few years ago when I was redoing my Regal and couldn't find exact replacements back then.
Looks like they are available from ThePartsPlace directly or a vendor like below.

1581872608022.png

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I remember on more than one occasion these being searched for.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
From what I've HEARD about the repros- based on other people's feedback:

They fit ok, but they're a little thinner metal than originals, and the finish like on them is more like a thinner zinc plating instead of OEM galvanized (typically 10 times thinner zinc coating than galvanizing). Which I would imagine may show signs of rust up to 10 times earlier depending on use/environment.

I haven't heard a lot of grumbling about this particular repro part. So maybe that's a good thing. Between these and nothing, I imagine these will do. I've never used them or had my hands on them personally. Maybe someone with real world experience can chime in.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Mike's Montes sells them too. Same price $89.99 per set. GM ones are unobtanium now. They discontinued one side, then the price went to like 80 bucks each for that one side that was still available, and now the OEM's are gone. IIRC, you could buy them for around 40-50 per pair from GM at the time.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
A few years ago when I was looking for new shields for my Regal I ended up buying ones that would fit but came with an ABS sensors and these were from Dorman 970-098 and 970-097 and I then ground the sensor off to make them work and made gaskets for the backside, luckily these were only $50 for the pair to my door.

IMG_1713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor