front end clunk noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
both, seems like if one wheel hits a sharp bump, it will make noise, or if I take a sharp right, it will make noise.
You really need to inspect the front end before it gets bad and you lose a wheel, steering, or both. Tie rods, ball joints, and bushings all need a good look.

Reactions: 1 user

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
so the noise has gotten progressively more common. will do it now more often then not when the body weight shifts from one side to the other. i just did motor and trans mounts last night and thought it went away, but noticed the noise again today. one thing i did notice and probably is the culprit is the body mount below the B pillar is loose. i could sit there and wiggle it all around like it wasnt attached. unable to tighten it either. just spins in the body. im going to assume a hold saw will be needed at this point...

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
I had almost the same problem and it was fixed with all new control arm bushings installed .. Just a thought for you ...

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
My $1 is on mounts... be it motor or trans.

-Gonz

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
so the noise has gotten progressively more common. will do it now more often then not when the body weight shifts from one side to the other. i just did motor and trans mounts last night and thought it went away, but noticed the noise again today. one thing i did notice and probably is the culprit is the body mount below the B pillar is loose. i could sit there and wiggle it all around like it wasnt attached. unable to tighten it either. just spins in the body. im going to assume a hold saw will be needed at this point...

that body mount is in just front of the firewall, there is a bracket that is welded to the firewall that houses the anchor for the body bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor