Front end removal necessary for frame off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
I badically only need to unbolt 4 body mount bushings to separate body and frame at this stage.

I think i'll play it safe and renove the entire front end as well like most advice me to..

Thx again

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
True frame off? Everything must go....
What you start with... VS what it turns into

Attachments

• IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    582.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 393
Reactions: 1 user

el corvino

Greasemonkey
Aug 23, 2015
Just one of those... if you are going to do that much work... may as well go all the way and not regret it 6 months from now

Attachments

• IMG_4430.JPG
    IMG_4430.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 340
  • Agree

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I badically only need to unbolt 4 body mount bushings to separate body and frame at this stage.

I think i'll play it safe and renove the entire front end as well like most advice me to..

Thx again
I know a guy who left the front clip on but I wouldn't suggest it. It is way to easy to remove the complete front clip(one piece), it only has about a dozen bolts holding it on and you don't chance kinking sheet metal

bu.jpg

lou's pic's 006.jpg

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Well.. I tried lifting it slowly to see what would happen and i must say removing the front clip is totally unecessary..

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Happy it worked, I would support the radiator core support even though the radiator is out.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Lilbowtie where did you get my pic? Yep that's my car. Currently actually. I hurt my back so it's still in the same exact place LOL no reason to pull the front clip if you dont have to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor