Front Plastic Wheel Wells

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have one cracked so I need to replace it, are all the G body wheel wells the same?

Thanks

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I thought that and but I can't figure out why they would be. They must have some interchangeable with other G bodies

Inner wheel wells vary by year even within a given G body model. My guess is that the complexity of the injection molds did not allow for 1 standard, fits all part for all G body models. Difference in fenders may also play a part.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Inner wheel wells vary by year even within a given G body model. My guess is that the complexity of the injection molds did not allow for 1 standard, fits all part for all G body models. Difference in fenders may also play a part.

I use car-part.com to check what is interchangable but there is no listing for this part in their list. Is there another name for this part?

REGAL8r

Apprentice
May 7, 2017
100.00 plus the northern lights adjustment;) either side,and yes they are gp specific.if it is just a crack I would just glass and give it the “ocd warren” treatment? 73B19B45-C7F3-48D6-B3A6-C1DC7F6D54F1.jpeg CAC0C676-5048-4DEE-891C-95EFCA5EBB89.jpeg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Steve,
Maybe look into the plastic welding method if the crack isn't too pronounced.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Steve,
Maybe look into the plastic welding method if the crack isn't too pronounced.

There is more than one crack and a few missing pieces, it got busted way back when the lower ball joint broke. It's been on my mind to change it and I thought it might be an easy find since I assumed GM would cheap out on mass producing the same ones for all the G bodies.. I have passed by a few Grand Prixs in the yards looking for other parts and never considered the wheel well cause I thought they were all the same and I could get one when I finally got around to it. I'll keep looking till one pops up. I'm kinda lucky with things like that. The wheel wells that Regal8r has are nice but with the 30% exchange on the $ and the shipping of an oversize box would kill that deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Steve if you have trouble finding one let me know....I know of a wrecker that had at least 3 Grand Prix's the last time I was there.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I guess it would be prudent to wait until you found a good one. Shipping one from the states would be a deal breaker. I'm sure even from the west coast of Canada, it still would be costly to ship, I would surmise.
Kevin might be your man.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor