Front Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 23, 2017
Florida
Anyone know a source for front speakers? Not looking for anything high powered, just stock 4 ohms that fit in the dash. A lot of the aftermarket have really big magnets and I'm not sure they would fit without cutting something out. I want to put the stock grills on too.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the pioneer ts-a878 fit my dash well,the first set of kenwood's i bought were to big.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Type of car? Grand Prix’s for example will be different than Cutlasses.
I just bought these from Amazon and installed them in my Cutlass dash on a recommendation from Injectedcutty. Fit well with no cutting, able to retain the stock speaker grilles, and sound relatively decent.

7EEA8505-B537-4984-9C6D-F9BC2AB7A8F3.jpeg

8EBCAFCF-740D-478A-B8A0-DB911E6E5044.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think these are the ones I bought for my Regal they sound great but just barely fit under my dash plate, as stated it depends on the car

In my Monte I put component speakers in so there is a 6-1/2 in the door and the tweeters are where the 3.5" speakers were.
IMG_0897.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Anyone know a source for front speakers? Not looking for anything high powered, just stock 4 ohms that fit in the dash. A lot of the aftermarket have really big magnets and I'm not sure they would fit without cutting something out. I want to put the stock grills on too.
What kind of G body are we talking about here?

Because some are REALLY hard to access the front speakers without tearing apart the motherf**king dash.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am going to say 86' El Camino based on the OP's previous messages.
I assuming that would be like my Monte with separate speaker covers to gain access.

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
I put a set of 3 inch round Boston Acoustic speakers in the front and was able to use the stock grilles. Tight fit, but they went in. I do not think that Boston Acoustic makes these anymore, but you might find them used somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor