Front speakers

MadDrOlds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
85 442. If I pop the grills off the front speakers, they should be two sorry *ss 3.5 inchers. I’ll need a janky L shaped tool to get the far screw out. Before I get too far on this, are those phillips head or 7mm or ?????!

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
85 442. If I pop the grills off the front speakers, they should be two sorry *ss 3.5 inchers. I’ll need a janky L shaped tool to get the far screw out. Before I get too far on this, are those phillips head or 7mm or ?????!
I used a 7mm socket and wrench to get mine 3.5 dash speakers out of my 84 GN

Reactions: 1 user

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
What speakers did you end up going with? I went with 3.5 cs kickers. Fit well

MadDrOlds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
What speakers did you end up going with? I went with 3.5 cs kickers. Fit well
That is what I got too. The 6x9 rears were a challenge with the trunk rods but the fronts were just fine

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
That is what I got too. The 6x9 rears were a challenge with the trunk rods but the fronts were just fine

Right on, if your running the 4x10 to 6x9 adapters there isn't much room for the magnets. I had some really deep 6x9 that wouldn't fit and hit the trunk rods. Ended up with some Rockford fosgates prime 6x9 as they have smaller magnets ant they rub the rods as well. Which 6x9 did you get to fit.

MadDrOlds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
Right on, if your running the 4x10 to 6x9 adapters there isn't much room for the magnets. I had some really deep 6x9 that wouldn't fit and hit the trunk rods. Ended up with some Rockford fosgates prime 6x9 as they have smaller magnets ant they rub the rods as well. Which 6x9 did you get to fit.
I have kickers with the adapter. The trunk rods are tight against them which is not ideal. Would be better to have shorter units to be sure, but everything seems to work.

Bigger problem is I have a Hurst wing on the back so the trunk lid is a little guillotiney. Should see about moving the rods down to tighten it up but hasn’t been job #1

MadDrOlds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
I should say, I have a retrosound din 1.5 radio which looks nice but I’m not sure is really hi fi. My kingdom for a 1985 Alpine tape deck I could put in there.

MadDrOlds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2023
I should say, I have a retrosound din 1.5 radio which looks nice but I’m not sure is really hi fi. My kingdom for a 1985 Alpine tape deck I could put in there.
Or maybe more accurately a 1992 Alpine tape deck, which would be about right.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor