Front Steering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Trying to put on the front steering parts,can't get the center drag link on without it being bound up...can't manipulate it in without 2 people.Should I carry on and put it in...can't get the joints to move,have everything ready.
20190529_150607.jpg
20190529_150909.jpg

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
You need to remove the idler from the frame and install the drag link to the pitman arm. Then swing over and install the idle back on the frame. The little “triangle piece on the crossmember won’t let you do it any other way.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
^^^^ true. I've always done it as a complete assembly. Slide it in, start the nut on the pitman arm, put the bolts in the idler, set the tie rods in, then tighten everything up.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
You need to remove the idler from the frame and install the drag link to the pitman arm. Then swing over and install the idle back on the frame. The little “triangle piece on the crossmember won’t let you do it any other way.
I might try it...I have some help here now.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
I might try it...I have some help here now.
I would also put the inner tie rods on. It’s gets a little tight on the frame to slide them in

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Thanks for the help...it went smooth with 2 people...just have to install the outer tie rods...time for another beer break...lol.Will post some pics on WDYDTYGBody today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor