Front tire angle concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I am putting two inch bell techdrop spindles in my 1979 buick. When I do the front tires tip way in. Even with the adjustment shims removed. What am I missing? I bought brand new stock uppers and still same issue. Are there different upper and or lower front control arms between the 1978-88 a/ g body?

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Does the one labeled left go on drivers or passengers side? I have on divers side

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The spindles should not be changing any of the geometry of the suspension. Have you put the car on the ground and rolled it forward to get any binding out of the tires and suspension.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Every stock G body front suspension I have seen goes massive negative camber when the wheels are off the ground. It's that whole crap camber gain curve G bodies have.

Is it worse than other G bodies you have seen, or you just never noticed in the past?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Every stock G body front suspension I have seen goes massive negative camber when the wheels are off the ground. It's that whole crap camber gain curve G bodies have.

Is it worse than other G bodies you have seen, or you just never noticed in the past?
Worse. I have a stock lift g body for reference.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
How about a couple of pictures? Seems like many times someone will quickly point out the problem.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Does the one labeled left go on drivers or passengers side? I have on drivers
Yes, left should be drivers side. The spindles should appear to be near vertical, as well. If they're leaned visibly back or forward, I'd say they're backwards.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes, left should be drivers side. The spindles should appear to be near vertical, as well. If they're leaned visibly back or forward, I'd say they're backwards.

Leaned back would be a good thing. Bit seeing how these cars probably got spec's at 1 degree of caster also an indication of something wrong. I don't see how one could put a spindle on the wrong side, at least not until they went to hook up a tie rod.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor