Front tubular control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2016
Hey everyone, been awhile since I have been on here busy at work. Finally getting back to the car looking for opinions on tubular control arms, itll be more geared towards drag racing but will be run on the street to local cruises. What's everyone suggest? I've been looking at TRZ, how are they for the street?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Whats wrong with the stock ones? I would be more concerned with good shocks and springs before tubular A-Arms.

Bomber24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2016
Guess I was just looking at upgrade options. I've got by springs and QA1 shocks.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If you want to go tubular by all means go for it . For drag racing and cruises - not necessary. Like bracketchev1221 I run stock w/ the truck and the regal.
IMG_5526.JPG
download (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
You guys running taller ball joints? Stock spindles?

Mine used factory ball joints and drum spindles with a wilwood pro street disk brake conversion kit. I used threaded suspension travel limiters through the upper arm to set the travel. I wasted a lot of money in 22 years of racing that car. I hate seeing people buying parts because they think they have to or because somebody told them that its the trick setup. My experience is what worked in my car, and I can tell you more importantly what DIDN'T work.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
All stock in the Regal - truck has 2 inch drop spindles up front and 3 inch lower in back, just to get it setting lower.
IMG_5822.JPG

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Bomber24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2016
I feel like I should be asking you guys many more questions lol. But seriously thank you just saved some money and I dont mind that!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor