Front Upper control arm bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
Hi guys, i have ordered everything i need to fix up the front end on my cutlass. I am having a hard time finding the bolts that are used to attach the upper control arms to the frame. They have "teeth" or splines on the end of the bolt to prevent them from spinning when adjusting the upper suspension. I have talked with a few members on the chat and i have called summit to try getting the correct bolts, but im not having any luck. Does anyone have the part# for this or a good source where i can order them from. I know the alternative is to tack weld the bolts in , but id rather not do that and fix this the right way.

thanks in advance

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
V8 Rumble said:
These are for an A-body http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-74-Upper-Con ... 500wt_1287

I don't know if they'll work for the g-body but they are not easy to find for our cars. I looked for a while before I bought the umi ones.

I think they will work for a G body. I think they are not listed for a G body is cause they are not metric thread

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
gp02a0083 said:
Hi guys, i have ordered everything i need to fix up the front end on my cutlass. I am having a hard time finding the bolts that are used to attach the upper control arms to the frame. They have "teeth" or splines on the end of the bolt to prevent them from spinning when adjusting the upper suspension. I have talked with a few members on the chat and i have called summit to try getting the correct bolts, but im not having any luck. Does anyone have the part# for this or a good source where i can order them from. I know the alternative is to tack weld the bolts in , but id rather not do that and fix this the right way.

thanks in advance

I got your PM and am checking my part number from a previous order. When I bought mine they were still available from GM. If I don't find the part number quick enough you might try stopping by a dealership to see if they can pull it up for you.

I know there were a few bolts on the front end that I used the F-body part numbers on because GM showed the G-body numbers as discontinued. But the F-body bolts were the same exact part, go figure.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Here ya go, this should be the GM part number: 461854

List price is $8.91 each
Through GM Parts Direct they are $5.23.

And matching lock nuts, pack of 10: 11516073

List price is $1.46 each
Through GM parts Direct they are $0.85 each ($8.50 for the whole pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor