HELP FSM manual differences

Stupidquestionspro

Stupidquestionspro

Greasemonkey
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
I want to purchase a FSM for my 83 cutlass and have noticed that there is a fisher body manual a factory service manual and electrical manual.

Obviously the electrical manual is fairly self explanatory and would be a good idea to have but my 83 cutlass is a Calais is that a part of the cutlass manual for that year?

Also I have a 68 SBO in it rather than the factory motor so I can only assume I would be best served to get a fisher body manual and a 68 factory service manual? Or would I miss out on valuable information?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
It's good to have all for your year. As for the '68 engine you could use the '83 engine info for basic knowlage. For specific details something covering an Olds 350 could work.

Ribbedroof

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
MOST of the questions that sem to arise on this forum would be best served by the OE chassis service manual for the year of the vehicle, along with the electrical and body manuals.

The engine fundamentals would be pretty similar regardless of year...once any internal parts and/or bolt-on items like intake/carb are changed, all bets are off., but there should be enough Olds gurus to answer most stuff that comes up.

And that's my 2 cents