Fuel cell questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
Hey guys I have an 81 wagon, keep having carb problems brand new holley 750 dbl pumper I think due to rust coming from tank, I have installed 2 inline filters, but anyway my question is has anyone mounted a fuel cell in a wagon, if so can anyone point me in the right direction in what is all involved mounting one in a wagon? 15-16 gal.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My first question is are there seats in the back that fold down?
The problem with wagons or hatchbacks is there is no separation between the passenger compartment and your fuel tank I think you would need some sort of firewall in between plus you also have to vent it to the outside.
Also if you do decide to get a fuel cell IMO I would go with a 20 gallon with a 0-90 ohm sender, safety foam and a rollover vent valve.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

blackbuck350

Apprentice
May 2, 2019
My first question is are there seats in the back that fold down?
The problem with wagons or hatchbacks is there is no separation between the passenger compartment and your fuel tank I think you would need some sort of firewall in between plus you also have to vent it to the outside.
Also if you do decide to get a fuel cell IMO I would go with a 20 gallon with a 0-90 ohm sender, safety foam and a rollover vent valve.
Yes it does have fold down rear seats. Maybe I need to just go back with a original tank, kinda wanna keep it with the sleeper look. Thanks for the info👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor