Fuel in the vapor line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
Québec City, Québec CANADA
Ever seen fuel trapped in a vapor line? I found out there was at least one cup ( 1/4 liter ) trapped in there as it started leaking all of a sudden. And then it stopped. The leak appearing just like that - I can understand a leak appearing just like that, the car is 30 years old and a lot of stuff can happen. But all that fuel in there..?

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
If your vent line is plugged it will fill the vapor line as long as we are talking about the same lines. Vent is smallest, I think 1/4", vapor is 5/16" and fuel is 3/8". If the vent is plugged pressure builds in the tank and pushes gas from the tank up the vapor line.

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
The line looks like 3/8" OD. It's on a driver side, so in theory it's the vapour line. Fuel and return are on the passenger side if I recall properly.

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
It's actually on the fuel feed line that is on the driver side on my Cutlass. The part of the line that was leaking is inside the chassis rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor