Fuel line woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregidea

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I want to go with metal fuel lines from the pump to the carb, but am having a hell of a time! I can't bend the lines at a severe enough angle to avoid running into the radiator hose. and I can't find a damn elbow that will fit. I got one at pepboys that my fuel line fit into, but does not fit into my pump. Does anyone know how to do this the right way??

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
I'm assuming your talking about a v8 . I would just go to the junkyard and get one off another v8 I know my 305 had a metal line.it went from the fuel pump to the Carb snaked through the back of the water pump.

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
I just had problems with my old line leaking and had to buy brake line and bend it. Mine touches the radiator hose, but I plan on getting a prebent one from summit. I'm not driving it until I get the rear framerails fixed, and a new alternator. I just needed something temporary. I really dont know how you can put tight bends in it, especially real close to the fittings.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I bought my stainless steel prebent line from inlinetube.com...

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
you dont have to run it exactly the same way. be creative, shape it into some t*ts for all it matters, as long as it goes from A-B, location doesnt really matter...unless your OCD.

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
Another vote for pre-bent from inlinetube.com

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
I write, you write. What is the set up? SB chevy? Holley? Edelbrock? Stock fuel pump I hope? 3/8ths line? I can show you how, or just make it and send it to you. We're not too far away. I do this sh*t on my caminos. The only hoses are frame to pump. The rest is HARD LINES. Lets do it. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor