HELP Fuel Pressure Issue? Need to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Alright. So heres what I can say for sure.

1. A big issue was the alternator wasn’t charging the battery properly, so that probably didn’t help with stalling.

2. The fuel filter in the carb should have been more cleaner, so I installed a new one today.

3. All vacuum lines, I have replaced and changed to suit my custom setup.

4. To avoid vapor lock, all my fuel hoses I have covered with foil.

5. I upgraded the pump this week to this.

The ACDelco one I will grab this month, as Holley isn’t the worst for pumps but I always like to get quality whenever honestly I can.

68105A1F-372F-4031-8376-E93A20631A8D.jpeg

06F522B6-AB1C-4670-ADA5-646F06B72A77.jpeg

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Well. Today seemed to have me enjoying this car for now.

The drive went alright I guess there, no stalls. However I do notice a stumble still, mostly at idle or in slower traffic, when theres a lot of heat during the day.

Since I installed a new fuel filter in the carburetor last year, the fact it already has turned pretty dirty when the vehicle was in storage makes me want to clean or get a new fuel tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor