FUEL PRESSURE???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I'm running a Holley 12-834 mechanical fuel pump with is rated at 7.5 max psi,on my sbc 400 in my 1980 Monte Carlo and the fuel pressure bounces from 7 to 11 psi constantly is there something wrong with the fuelpump or what been running it like this for a couple of years and was just wondering if I should change the fuelpump?Thanks

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You need to install a fuel pressure regulator as all mechanical fuel pumps these days put out too much PSI for carbs.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If it's not pushing past the seat in the carb and your float levels are fine, don't worry about it. The pressure seems too high to me, but if it's not posing an issue...

If it is, you need to do something. Simple as that. And a fuel regulator will do it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
Car runs and drives great been running this way for years but I have noticed if I stall it up and leave in 1st gear hard when I shift to second it cuts out or when I do a burnout and leave, it acts like it lose power but car runs and drives great other than those 2 issues THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor