fuel pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

86montedude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2010
ok so i just got my 350 with carb running in my 85 monte and it starts and runs great for a sec then it looses fuel pressure and dies and im usein the stock fuel pump from the 4.3 tank y is this happing?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
You mean stock 4.3 TBI tank? Isn't that for the EFI engine? It pushes like 45psi and if you have a carbed engine you would have to use a good regulator to bring the fuel pressure WAY down. Are you sure you're not flooding the engine? Next time it happens, pull a spark plug and see if it's fuel soaked. Just saying from the info you've given, it's my guess.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
454muscle said:
You mean stock 4.3 TBI tank? Isn't that for the EFI engine? It pushes like 45psi and if you have a carbed engine you would have to use a good regulator to bring the fuel pressure WAY down.

It should only be pushing about 14-15psi, it's only tbi not tpi, lol. But ya you will need to be running a pressure regulator and it should be a return style.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
jrm81bu said:
454muscle said:
You mean stock 4.3 TBI tank? Isn't that for the EFI engine? It pushes like 45psi and if you have a carbed engine you would have to use a good regulator to bring the fuel pressure WAY down.

It should only be pushing about 14-15psi, it's only tbi not tpi, lol. But ya you will need to be running a pressure regulator and it should be a return style.
:oops: :doh: :blam:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
86montedude said:
ok so i just got my 350 with carb running in my 85 monte and it starts and runs great for a sec then it looses fuel pressure and dies and im usein the stock fuel pump from the 4.3 tank y is this happing?

how do you know it's loosing fuel pressure?

86montedude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2010
when i look in the carb im revin it and it has alot of gas goin in then it has none and dies

86montedude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2010
nope its nt cloged it just has good fuel pressure when key is first turned on then it looses sum

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what about the pump...is the screen on the pick up clean?..

if you remove the fuel line to the carb and turn on the pump will it keep a constant flow or does it slow down or stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor