fuel pump fitting

D

denny

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2017
going to install a braided fuel line to my q-jet this winter as a project. can't seem to find a fitting that will work with my AN fitting. what came out of the pump (carter) feed line to the carb was a 3/8 flare metal line like you would buy at the local auto parts store. what i would to find is a 3/8 male flare with a -6 male flare on the other end. for some reason i'm having a problem finding this fitting. a 90 degree would be perfect. this is a mechanical pump. thanks,

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Head to a speed shop or buy online. A regular parts store won't have what you need

D

denny

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2017
D

denny

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2017
Head to a speed shop or buy online. A regular parts store won't have what you need
thanks for reply. been checking online and thought it would be easy to get what i need. i would like to avoid a bunch of fittings stacked on each other. the hunt goes on.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
There is a Q-jet fitting that directly replaces the fitting right on the carb filter inlet. Don't have a p/n handy but Summit & Jegs should still have them.

D

denny

Greasemonkey
Feb 4, 2017
There is a Q-jet fitting that directly replaces the fitting right on the carb filter inlet. Don't have a p/n handy but Summit & Jegs should still have them.
thanks for the reply pagrunt. bought one of those about a week ago. they look good. gonna get the one fleming442 showed me although i would really like a 90 degree one but cannot find one. i'll put a 90 on the braided hose.