Fuel pump for 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Is it edelbrock specific? If not then a walbro 255lph pump is sufficient for a stock engine.

Reactions: 3 users

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
x2 on the 255 Walbro for a stock engine. May also want to look into the Corvette fuel filter/regulator. That way you have a fuel pressure regulator (58psi), and run the return line. You can get fittings to adapt to it pretty easy.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you're inquiring about the Edelbrock pump, then I know nothing other than it's expensive, and overpriced IMO.

I agree with ostrich and turbolq4 that the Walbro 255 is a very reliable option for 400 hp. If you're expecting more power, then a Bosch 044 or AEM 380 for external, or a Walbro 450 in tank option.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, the OP (now MIA) mentions one of those weird car/truck mashup things. Maybe that's the driver for the E-brock pre-fab kit. Is there a good, generic, frame mounted pump? Or, has the Astro pickup/sender myth in a wagon/Elco been confirmed? I've seen it mentioned, but haven't seen any pics of proof. HooptieWagon made his own hanger on the factory sender by brazing some rod together to mount the in-tank pump. It survived Drag Week, works well, but did NOT fix the ignition issue, :rofl:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor