Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
So I traded the engine out of my camaro for a good running 89 TBI 350 truck engine.

What do I need to look for a fuel tank out of that has the electric HP pump?

What years were fuel injected?

Was the tank the same? Can I buy a "in the tank fuel" pump from a FI year and put it in my tank?

Currently there is nothing new enough too have FI in a G body in any of the junkyards close to me.

very limited budget so looking for cheapest way to get HP so I can drop this tbi engine in my regal.

Thanks

Vince
Vince

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I hope you got the fuel managment computer with the engine. As for a fuel pump you can use an electric pump inline and you'll also have to upgrade your fuel lines to handle the high pressure. The cheapest way though is to change the intake and use a carb and use the exisiting fuel set up.

Good luck

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
Yes I get everything off the rig it came out of that I need. (harness, computer, all acc. , etc.)

Since it's TBI it's only 15 psi so from what I have read I can get away with stock lines for now.

Later when I want to go to TPI I will have to upgrade lines.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
The tank you want can be found in an 87 monte carlo 4.3ltr TBI car or a Regal T-type, and Grand national. You can get away without swapping the tank if you don't run it low and take fast turns. If you run an out of tank fuel pump you should be alright. I did the TPI swap about a year ago and still haven't changed my tank or upgraded the lines :D The tank new will cost $200 and the intank pump is for late 80's iroc and it cost me $100 new. Canadian funds.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
zerex said:
Since it's TBI it's only 15 psi so from what I have read I can get away with stock lines for now.

sorry about the error I made about the pressure, your right that it's only 15 psi and not the high pressure I siggested it would be. I'm interested to find out how it turns out and if there is an increase in power and what the fuel milage is...

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
85-88 G-bodys with the 4.3 engine are fuel injected and will have the tnk and pump you desire for your TBI. I have access to a tank and sending unit and already have a decent TBI 4.3 G-body engine harness I would sell, I won't ship the tank but make me an offer on the harness and maybey we can get togther on it.

TBI runs on 9-13 PSI of fuel pressure regularly.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor