REGAL Fuel sender for Astro (carbureted) substitute for 25000757?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
So the first couple model years of the Chevy Astro were carbureted with mechanical fuel pumps. I know the Astro senders are popular in the G-Body wagon community, because they're the correct height for the wagon tanks. Eventually going to do an LS swap, but for the time being, just looking for a stock equivalent replacement. I found this for an '85 Astro: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10197008&cc=1027864&jsn=10467&jsn=10467. Do you know if these are a suitable substitute for the rare-as-hen's teeth 25000757? Thanks.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
You plan to go EFI, have you thought about putting the astro EFI sender in and a walbro 255 in tank pump, wire up a relay and put a carb fuel pressure regulator in the engine bay and call it good? Probably have to redo the lines I guess too. That way your fuel system is ready for EFI when you swap the engine.

Just a thought.

Reactions: 1 user

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I know about the Walbro pump and Astro TBI sender for swaps. Will do that eventually. In the immediate-term, just looking for a stock replacement equivalent. The original PN 25000757 is proving extremely hard-to-find.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's been discontinued since 9/1/01. So yeah, it's going to be a b*tch to find. Good luck.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Have you dropped the tank and looked at the one you have yet? No sense in spending money on stuff you don't need that you are going to change anyways.

• Winner

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Not yet. Just exploring my options. The original (hopefully) might not be as bad as I fear. I will post pics and and update when I drop the tank and take the original sender out. From the looks of things, even senders in pretty raunchy shape can be refurbished fairly easily.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I am sure a guy could make the old one work. For my car they are available cheep. In your case I am sure I could braze it up and make the old one work just fine. If you were a little closer I would help you get that pig up to snuff. Dose the car run and drive? If it does, why are you worried about it? Considering your goals for the future I would get it running good, safe, and pass your inspection. Then I would drive it until you get your ducks in a row for the Erod swap.

• Agree

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Haven't tried to start it yet. Took the carb out to get it rebuilt. Guy said it was pretty cruddy, but it cleaned up nice. I pulled the dipstick out, and the oil is still golden, and a decent level. Plan right now is to pull the plugs out, squirt a little WD or MMO, and maybe turn the crank a little with a breaker bar. After it's soaked for a few days, and clean out the fuel system, plan on starting it. I might try to take a crack at the sender if it's not too bad with some 3M pads and WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor