Fuel sending unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relico D

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2018
Im replaceing my gastank and fuel sending unit theres 3 lines on the sending unit but only 2 hoses am i supposed to plug the middle one or am i missing a hose its a 1981 can any one give me a walk through on the install

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Is the replacement the one with three? If so you might of got the incorrect one for your car. FYI two line cars will only have one on each side of the engine compartment-one to pump & one to vapor canister, three line cars will have two for the pump-one supply, one return.

Reactions: 1 users

Relico D

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2018
Is the replacement the one with three? If so you might of got the incorrect one for your car. FYI two line cars will only have one on each side of the engine compartment-one to pump & one to vapor canister, three line cars will have two for the pump-one supply, one return.
The factory one had three and the replacement one has three but theres only two lines under the idk if the middle or secondary line your talking about was capped off or not i just bought the it was a cheap find

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
they come with 2 or 3 lines, the 3rd line is the return line so just cap that one off and you are good to go

Relico D

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2018
[QUOTE="Relico D,my gastank straps are not long enough for the aftermarket tank i bought any suggestions 37&3-8" wont reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor