fuel sending unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
I"m replacing the fuel tank in my 1984 Cutlass. Rock auto shows two different fuel sending units for the tank,one with two outlets and one with three outlets. I just need to know which one I need. Bill WV

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, get the 3 port, and plug it if you don't need it. Or, you could drop your tank and look at your.... Or, you could look under the hood to see if you have a return line off the fuel pump and charcoal canister.... Or, nevermind.
There is no answer considering you haven't said Jack about what is in said 1984 Cutlass...... Is it a 3.8, 307, did someone hack an engine in it?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Buy both and return the one you don't need.

Like fleming442 says, we need a bit more info. Do you have 2 rubber lines to the fuel pump and a charcoal canister? If so buy the 3 tube.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Buy the 3 tube, if you don't need the return just plug it and if you ever need a return line you won't have to buy a new unit. But before you buy the new sender why are you replacing the old one?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor