Fuel sending units

Status
Not open for further replies.

RescuedElk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2022
Hello all, and thanks in advance for any help.

I recently dropped the tank and am in the process of cleaning it out. Looks pretty good but my fuel sending unit is trash. Does anyone know of any sending units that will fit a 22 gallon fuel tank for an el camino. Has a stock 350. Looks like the ones that are meant for it I have to order, but I would love to finish this project before the weekend. Any help is appreciated.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Elky's take elky sending units. Finding someone local with one in stock might be hard.

Probably going to have to order it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
GM p/n 25001076, superseded to 19180451, w/83 liter tank (22 gallon).

ACDelco # FLS1094.

Far as I can tell, those ain't available anywhere.

There's a restoparts version available at Summit and Jeg's and OPGI. No idea of the quality.

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I have the restoparts one in my 79 it is good quality and fit fine. The gas gauge resistor is likely not the same as original at 1/4 tank it takes about 12 gallons. That last quarter tank is a BIG quarter tank.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Says it doesn't fit 78 El Camino of any variety. I put in 78 El Camino and did a search for fuel level sending units and got zip. And the part number you have says it doesn't fit 78 El Camino. So why would you want that one? Spectra website doesn't even list a sender for the El Camino 78-87 to which is the years applicable for the 2-line sending unit that I gave previous numbers for that fits the 22 gallon tank. Do what you want, but I think you'll be pi$$ing your money away.

Don't fiddle futz around with the gas tank senders. Either rebuild yours, or buy the correct replacement if available.

You didn't specify how your original is "trash". You can clean them out, check the resistance, and also get a new filter sock if you need to. If the pickup tubes are rusted/crusted out, that's a different story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor