Fuel system help.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleBblazercrazy

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Ok. I put a new style bucket airtex fuel pump into my 79 malibu tank.
I need to know what the third line goes to. What is the other thing that drops in the tank. Can I do away with it? I am running a efi setup on an lq4 from a 07 2500 hd. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 20150421_214245.jpg
    20150421_214245.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 225

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
There should be 3 lines. Feed, Return, Vent. The sender should have two main tubes that run down into tank. The long one is the return and also usually acts as the support that the in-tank pump and fuel level sender attaches to.. The 2nd line into tank which will be the feed w/ the pump and filter attached to it. The 3rd line is a tank vent and depending on local laws will need to go to a vapor canister or just a hose with a 1 way valve to release tank pressure.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Helpful post- I just dropped mine as well. How does the top "cap" come off and where do we get replacements for that? Although car ran fine before, it's looks corroded so might as well... Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor