Fuel system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys, slowly coming a long on my build starting to work on the fuel system. My question is I have 79 malibu wagon what are my options as far as stock fuel tank? I'm looking to go down the strip and the engine will be a turbo build capable of 800-1000hp. Is the stock tank even an option?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't think you would want a stock tank, wouldn't you need something larger than a 3/8" fuel line?

Bomber24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2016
I don't think you would want a stock tank, wouldn't you need something larger than a 3/8" fuel line?
Yeah I would think so that's why I wasnt sure if I could even do it, but i figured it was a shot asking on here you never know what someone can come up with 🤔

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
We run a stock tank with a welded in sump. It works pretty well until it's at 1/4-1/3 tank and you want t go around a corner at WOT. Have to keep it over a 1/2 tank to really play with it.

We are running 2 Bosch 044's. The 1st one will handle 400 WHP with it's eyes closed. With the 2nd pump on at full pressure I'm sure we could safely hit 800WHP. At the present,we stick between 650-700whp.

Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Pretty sure Aeromotive makes a drop in fuel pump setup with it's patented baffle setup that you can spec out with just about any pump they have. Not cheap but nothing is really cheap at those HP levels

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana

Here ya go.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor