Fuel tank filler neck gasket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I plan to replace my fuel tank with a new Spectra from Rockauto . I've read here that the filler neck doesn't fit very well so I was going to order the tank (GM03?) and neck separately. But I can't seem to find the dimensions of the hole in the tank. Anyone here know what gasket I should get? Or should I get a tank with filler neck and plan to cut out a section and add a hose for flexibility?
Thanks,
David

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys,
I plan to replace my fuel tank with a new Spectra from Rockauto . I've read here that the filler neck doesn't fit very well so I was going to order the tank (GM03?) and neck separately. But I can't seem to find the dimensions of the hole in the tank. Anyone here know what gasket I should get? Or should I get a tank with filler neck and plan to cut out a section and add a hose for flexibility?
Thanks,
David

Tank necks are welded on.

There are no existing support locations to attach a bracket to help hold the metal neck reliably in place near the cap/opening, the center filler panel is plastic.

Thanks.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the neck on my tank didn't line up so I adjusted the neck with a long pry bar slid into the neck

I ended up ordering the tank and filler neck separately for two reasons. 1st,!the two separately were about $20 less, 2nd, the tank with filler neck installed costs about $20 more to ship! I can weld or solder the neck in for $40.

Kemper1976

Greasemonkey
Jul 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
the neck on my tank didn't line up so I adjusted the neck with a long pry bar slid into the neck
I had to do something similar. My filler neck was about an inch too high after I installed the new tank. I carefully pulled down on it until is was close to center. Worked great.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor