Fuel Tank Sump

Status
Not open for further replies.

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Hi guys

Has anybody welded a sump or a bung into your Wagon Tank? It seems like the lowest part of the wagon tank is the forward part of the bottom. Is that the best place for a bung or sump( i havent decided which) or should i place it more towards the rear of the tank, It is primarily a street car but i may race it some as well. Im in process of planning a new fuel system to support a new engine build - 700HP maybe a thou with a bottle.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Thanks for the Link , ive checked it out, but it doesnt sound like you guys have used it. They are kinda pricey and still have the issue of fitting a 1/2" line thru my sending unit. I dont know if you guys are aware, but with a sump welded in, you do have a baffle of sorts, since you drill a series of holes in the bottom of the tank, then weld the sump over them.. Those Hydramats do look ideal for a retrofitting a pump for a Fuel Injected application.

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
How much are you spending on a 700 hp engine build?

I figure Complete from carb to pan, Im building a 540 most likely, with good parts(forged Rotator and such) should be right around 10 Grand, maybe a tick more, by time its in the car ready to fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor