Fuel Tank Vapor Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Is it essential that I re install a vapor return line from fuel tank to front canister? Can I just cap that line at tank and use a vented fuel cap?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
What are the emission regulations in B.C.? Here in Ontario, if it was an O.E. item, then it has to stay connected. Fuel vapours are considered to be a VOC (volatile organic compound), and as such, are generally viewed as a pollutant. That's why the manufacturer installed the evap canister system on the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Well I know that would be the correct way to go about it but my line got fooked up....although it's only vapor so I suppose I could just go with a 5/16 hose since I'm so cheap....

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I replaced my line to the tank using aluminum tubing. It's not expensive and easy to work with

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Another thing to consider is the fact that fuel vapors smell really bad. If the vapor canister is in working order, the vapors will be consumed in the combustion process and you won't have to deal with smelling them all of the time. Just my .02.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I replaced my line to the tank using aluminum tubing. It's not expensive and easy to work with
Where did you get that? Does it come in a coil similar to the copper I've seen?

Another thing to consider is the fact that fuel vapors smell really bad. If the vapor canister is in working order, the vapors will be consumed in the combustion process and you won't have to deal with smelling them all of the time. Just my .02.
Yes, I was doing some reading about the potential smell and I think it best to keep it contained, although I'm not really into running a hard line front to back now that the body is back on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor