Fuel Tank Vent Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Im hoping theres a simple solution for this. Now that Im back working on the 81 coupe one of the things I have to fix is the vent line that used to go to the canister. The previous owner had a rubber line running along the frame with a PCV valve stuck in the end. Ive never seen that before. Is that an easy way of taking care of this or is there something better ?

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Im hoping theres a simple solution for this. Now that Im back working on the 81 coupe one of the things I have to fix is the vent line that used to go to the canister. The previous owner had a rubber line running along the frame with a PCV valve stuck in the end. Ive never seen that before. Is that an easy way of taking care of this or is there something better ?
I would try to revert back to the OEM charcoal canister setup. It's a pretty simple setup and prevents the nasty gas vapors from filling up your garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor