Fuse box issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBam 87 Monte LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2021
87 Monte LS...the 20 Amp fuse in the c/h port is good, but won't activate my test light. I pulled the fuse out, and tested the port itself, with same result. Can not find a wiring schematic to trace the problem. Help please

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
If the fuse is "good", at least one side will light the test light. I don't know what the "c/h" circuit does, but if you have multiple constant powered circuits in-op, you may want to check the fusible links at the starter.

BamBam 87 Monte LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2021
If the fuse is "good", at least one side will light the test light. I don't know what the "c/h" circuit does, but if you have multiple constant powered circuits in-op, you may want to check the fusible links at the starter.
The c/h circuit is the choke heater. My oil/choke light is on. Oil level is good. I'm new to mechanics and electrical work, so not sure what fusible link you are speaking of

BamBam 87 Monte LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2021
Ok....I took a jumper wire and placed it in a working 20amp slot, then connected it the c/h slot and started my car. The light went out. Dies this mean my oil sending unit is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor