CURRENT 6.0/4l80E swap parts = $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Frustrating! Sent an email to Texas Speed from their website and a message directly to a sales tech on the LS1Tech website over a week ago and have not heard back from them. I really don't like working hard to give a company my money.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Frustrating! Sent an email to Texas Speed from their website and a message directly to a sales tech on the LS1Tech website over a week ago and have not heard back from them. I really don't like working hard to give a company my money.

Did you call them? I had great customer service there

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Closed Sat & Sun.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Closed Sat & Sun.
Finally got a response from TSP after 3rd try. Pretty sure the tech didn't read my email detailing how I'll be using the car and what I wanted my engine/trans combo to achieve. I wanted to keep VVT. The cam is TSP Stage 1 N/A LS3 225/236, .629/.615, 114 LSA Camshaft (25-TSP225236-114). Is the lift kind of high for a mostly DD and an otherwise stock engine? IDK. Is this the type of response you experienced from TSP? Seems pretty abbreviated to me. ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….....……….

TSP Technical <[email protected]>
Wed 6/19/2019 7:35 PM

I would use a 3200rpm converter

And our bald eagle ls3 cam
Youll have to delete the vvt also but no big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Finally got a response from TSP after 3rd try. Pretty sure the tech didn't read my email detailing how I'll be using the car and what I wanted my engine/trans combo to achieve. I wanted to keep VVT. The cam is TSP Stage 1 N/A LS3 225/236, .629/.615, 114 LSA Camshaft (25-TSP225236-114). Is the lift kind of high for a mostly DD and an otherwise stock engine? IDK. Is this the type of response you experienced from TSP? Seems pretty abbreviated to me. ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….....……….

Wed 6/19/2019 7:35 PM

I would use a 3200rpm converter

And our bald eagle ls3 cam
Youll have to delete the vvt also but no big deal.
Got another response from the TSP tech. He did not read my email AND volunteered this:
Thu 6/20/2019 2:53 PM
    • You

No i did not. This is tech Support not sales so i cannot see their emails.
I would delete the vvt. Over the ones ive installed and tuned, deleting the vvt is the best way to go especially to make it tuner friendly. Its not going to net you any gains.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Interesting. A TSP tech guy telling you to delete VVT is contrary to everything TSP has been preaching and is known for. My tuner had no issues tuning the VVT on my 6.2 and there is no denying the power and efficiencies gained by clocking a cam on the fly. Whoa, it's got Vtech! If you want to put a big standard cam in yours be ready to rev it to the moon, sacrifice idle quality, driveability and fuel mileage.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Interesting. A TSP tech guy telling you to delete VVT is contrary to everything TSP has been preaching and is known for. My tuner had no issues tuning the VVT on my 6.2 and there is no denying the power and efficiencies gained by clocking a cam on the fly. Whoa, it's got Vtech! If you want to put a big standard cam in yours be ready to rev it to the moon, sacrifice idle quality, driveability and fuel mileage.
A big cam isn't what I'm looking for. I'm wanting a powerful DD that I can take on road trips. Not sure what everyone else has experienced with TSP but I'm underwhelmed. This is basically what I sent to TSP a week ago (that they didn't read) and what I just sent to Comp Cams...…….…………….hello, I have an 83 Monte Carlo SS that I am swapping a 2009 LY6 and 4L80e into. The engine is out of an 09 Chevy 2500HD. The engine will remain stock, including the intake, except for a cam, valvetrain and tune. The 4l80 will be close to stage 2 specs and a torque converter around 2600 to 2800. It will be a hipo DD. I would like to maintain the VVT. Could you recommend a cam kit for my application?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
A big cam isn't what I'm looking for. Could you recommend a cam kit for my application?

Hi Craig, I have the TSP VVT-1 in my car and I'm happy with it (400 whp with good manners) but at 9.6:1 your LY6 6.0 is down almost a full compression point compared to the 6.2 L92 / L99. The VVT-1 may not be the right cam for you. Competition Cams makes the VVT-1 cam....Texas Speed ships the cam in the Competition Cam box but removes the specs. I would give them a call to see what they suggest.

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Hi Craig, I have the TSP VVT-1 in my car and I'm happy with it (400 whp with good manners) but at 9.6:1 your LY6 6.0 is down almost a full compression point compared to the 6.2 L92 / L99. The VVT-1 may not be the right cam for you. Competition Cams makes the VVT-1 cam....Texas Speed ships the cam in the Competition Cam box but removes the specs. I would give them a call to see what they suggest.
Already sent them a msg.

Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Got a reply back from Comp Cams with their recommendation of an XFI cam,
Hyd Roller - 2100-7200rpm - Dur. At 0.050 222/236 - Valve Lift 0.566/0.578 - 114
. IDK if this is what I want or not. It "greatly improves mid to top end without hurting bottom end". I think I want a "greatly improves bottom to mid without hurting top end"...…………..

Jonathan Martin <[email protected]>
Fri 6/21/2019 9:28 AM
    • You;
    • Comp Cams

Hi Craig,

I would recommend part # 189-403-13. Here is a link to the specs: http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=1622&sb=0

189-403-13 - XFI™ RPM HI-LIFT - COMP Cams

HYDRAULIC ROLLER-Outstanding top end power in modified non-AFM applications, w/o sacrificing low end if properly programmed.
www.compcams.com

The cam sells for $465.58. You will need valve spring kit part number 26918cs-kit. They sell for $375.11. You will also need a vvt limiter part number 5460 and sells for $68.64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor