G-bodies finally coming around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallengineguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2011
Hi all, Don't post too much but have been a member for quite a while now. I have a 1978 Regal I bought when I was 15, I'm almost 49 now. It's absolutely amazing the support there is for G-bodies now. Everything from frame rails to gauge bezels. I remember going to the dealer for my car needs back in the late 80's as a teenager and ordering parts. Then going to junkyards and stripping many G bodies through the 1990s and early 2000s, as they were considered cheesy, low quality vehicles no one considered worthy. Now after a lull we are finally getting to having the same support as early 70's muscle cars due to the popularity. Companies finally understand we can't all afford Camaros and Barracudas. Rejoice!

Now if I could only find mint headlight bezels for my 78 LOL

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good to see more parts. Problem is the value of the G bodies, still low for the most part.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
It’s funny, some parts prices are on par with higher dollar muscle era cars but the cars themselves, besides intercooled Turbo Regals, are not. Climbing a little bit though.

smallengineguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2011
I'd kinda call that a good thing, makes it a realistic, affordable restoration.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Market value being on par with musclecars only matters if you're going to sell.

I hope they stay relatively cheap, because I'm not done buying yet.

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
........and besides, G-body's are cooler than muscle cars......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor