'G' bodies, no respe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
'G' bodies, no respect?

Hey, I'm new to the site. I've got a '79 Lemans wagon w/a '72 pontiac round port 455 HO and a 4spd. I've also got an '85 Buick 't' type I'm re-assembling. I like the site, as I'm not much for going on these. I feel we need to get and keep as much info as possible on parts interchange, modifications, and value. Except for the few 'G' body limited editon models, these cars don't seem to get much respect from other car buffs. With my wagon it seems to be a love it or hate it kind of thing. It's a shame because right now they are cheap and relatively plentiful. They also offer almost unlimited modification ability. Our gain, they're loss! Hey thanks for the site, I'll do what I can to contribute.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
that wagon sounds awesome with the 455! lets see some pics!

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
Wagon

Thanks, I'm working on some pics. The few I've got in the computer, aren't that good. Funny how when I first took them they seemed OK, but when I considered posting them you see the front end cut off etc.

78lemans

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
G-body respect

I agree with you ligoatpar, these cars just don't get the respect they truly deserve. However, you can still pick them up for pretty cheap, so maybe it's kinda good they don't have as much of a following yet. Hopefully at least people will wait until I'm done building my '78 Lemans two-door before I start seeing these cars on Barrett-Jackson :D

Your wagon sounds really cool. I would also like to see some pictures! There's a bone stock '78 or '79 Lemans wagon sitting in my hometown that doesn't look too bad. The guy still uses it for a daily driver (even in the winter....noooooo!) and I'm tempted to buy it as a 'playmate' for my sedan. We'll see. Keep up the good work.

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
'79 Lemans Wagon pics

The pics are up in personal photo's, I hope they're OK. That '78 sounds like a good project. Lotsa luck! Do you know of any source for front body pcs.?

betsy84

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i agree people dont give the Gbodys respect... unless its on 24" rims, candy paint, 2 tone interior and a truck lift.. :cry: but they should give the good kind of g bodies respect, some are seriously fast putting down nice numbers, and i know if i get mine faster girl's moms wont want their daughters in it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor