G-body Carpet in Washing Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I was thinking about taking my g-body carpet to the local laundromat and tossing it in the biggest washer they have. Anyone done this? Any input on settings or what to use for detergent?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
dafuq?

I know of no one ever doing that. Are these industrial sized machines? I can't imagine it getting clean in the washer if it can't move around and scrub up against other items or itself to help clean it.

I have heard of people using the wash nozzle on a pressure washer from a distance, and it didn't turn out as well as they wanted. Of course this was truck carpet.

John Canon

Apprentice
Apr 19, 2022
Vancouver Canada
Maybe you could rent a Rug Doctor carpet cleaning machine and do it in the driveway.

On a weekend you could invite all the neighbors and have a Mat-a-Thon.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Take it to your local hand car wash and use high pressure soap first and then high pressure rinse.
If you have oil or grease on the carpet use a foamy engine degreaser first.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I have a small portable floor scrubber for stuff like that. Most places don't let you put stuff like that in their machines.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I’ve put carpeted floor mats in our wash machine at home 😁

For full carpet I had success in taking a pressure washer to it before/after scrubbing laundry detergent on it.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've also taken it to the quarter car wash and used the wand with hot soapy water with good results. I hung it up on the mat hangers. The black water that poured out from the bottom of the carpet was unbelievable. I then hung it on the fence, in the sun to dry. It didn't remove every stain but was way, way better.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
For full carpet I had success in taking a pressure washer to it before/after scrubbing laundry detergent on it.

This is 100% what I would do. Worked awesome on a set of door panels. And everything else I've done it to. Never had to scrub though, just dump some water with laundry detergent mixed in, let it sit, and blast it off with the pressure washer.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I washed mine on the ground with soapy water and broom, then rinsed with a power washer. Black death washed out. Then I laid mine on my empty boat trailer for a couple of weeks to get rained on and Sun dried. It came out pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor