G body crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil man gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2017
Hey I'm new here my name is charlie and I'm trying to decide which g body to build. I have a 1986 regal and 86 monte ss. One has to go.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
thats a hard one for us. if this was a monte forum, we'd tell you to sell the regal. if this was a regal forum, we'd tell you to sell the monte. but this is a g-body forum, we want you to keep both of them.
and you have given us no criteria for this decision.
tell us what each car is like and why you need to sell one of them.
joe

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Lil man gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2017
thats a hard one for us. if this was a monte forum, we'd tell you to sell the regal. if this was a regal forum, we'd tell you to sell the monte. but this is a g-body forum, we want you to keep both of them.
and you have given us no criteria for this decision.
tell us what each car is like and why you need to sell one of them.
joe
Ok gotcha... well the reason for one having to go it's my new daughter. They are both great rust free bodies. The regal has a 5.7 liter truck motor in it to were the monte has no engine. I have a 468 bbc that I am planning on putting in the monte. As far as interior there both are unbelievably great for there age.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Apples to Apples the monte has a slight edge on the regal as a starting point. Compared to the regal it will have a better rear gear, f41 handling package, better trans valvebody ( cq or cz code ), likely buckets and console, and a better steering box. It will also be worth more $$ in the future just because its an SS.
The regal could be great as-is or a starting point for a GN/TR clone but wont pull SS money

T-tops on the SS or vinyl roof on the regal would be a deal breaker for me

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have both, the Monte is the "race car" and the Regal will be the "cruiser".

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Always build the best car you can find...sheetmetal/interior are expensive to make nice

Personally, I'd lean towards the Monte, I just prefer their looks over a Regal

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Lil man gbody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 12, 2017
Do you think I should put the bbc in the monte or sbc not looking to go the the drag strip just a toy.

Attachments

• 20170709_153415_HDR.jpg
    20170709_153415_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor