G Body DBW Pedal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
So I picked up a Corvette pedal (ACDELCO P/N 25835421) for my swap. I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount the pedal as close to stock as possible. Did some searching but I can't really find many good examples of how others modified and mounted the DBW pedal. Anyone have any insight?

I did Start in on bending the arm using a vice and I must have put pressure on the wrong part of the assembly because POP! thing exploded into pieces. Lesson learned haha. Time to order a another.

G Body pedal on the left, new Corvette pedal on the right
GgeXrbr.jpg

bending the arm on the new pedal to match gbody pedal
39TrPpF.jpg

oops!
Kmteguk.jpg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ok, I'm seriously confused. Why are you trying to match it? Can't you just move it to the left, and drill new holes in the firewall?
I'm curious because I am going to install a DBW pedal from a firebird in mine. I just haven't got there yet. See: Operation Lipstick on a Pig in the build section.

SStavin

Apprentice
Apr 3, 2015
Chicagoland
You'll see in the first pic that the two arms are shaped opposite each other. Without modification the Corvette pedal will hit the trans tunnel. Also, the alignment isn't quite right. I'd like the new pedal to sit as close to stock as possible. Keep in mind, this is after I bent the Corvette arm closer to the stock G Body arm. Here's a couple pics for reference....

Close-ish to stock mounting holes
rBeLA8o.jpg

Closer to stock G Body pedal location
08HnyAh.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I seem to have read somewhere that a 07 or so Monte Carlo SS ls4 has a pedal that is much closer to fitting. Needs 2 wires repinned from what I recall.

I did similar to what the youtube video did. Used a pickup pedal, cut the arm off, cut the arm off the G body, welded the G body arm to the pickup pedal. Then drilled some new holes in the pedal bracket and bolted it through the factory G body 3 bolt plastic firewall mount. Yeah, have to have a welder for that one however.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I used a pipe fitting wedge, and split the layers of metal in the bracket. Then, made some wedge spacers to support it on the mounting bolts. This was an 02 F-body assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor