G-Body Disc Disc Proportioning Valve Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Yes it's 4 wheel discs . So my brake lines will hook up, correct? No other changes?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Yes it's 4 wheel discs . So my brake lines will hook up, correct? No other changes?

If the physical dimensions and mounting holes on your TA prop valve are the same as a G body you should be OK. As I mentioned earlier , the Cadillac Seville valve Is a direct replacement for the G body with no fabrication required.

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
Having the same trouble bleeding the brakes on my QP nine inch with disc brakes and e-brake. Used a power bleeder an still no pedal. Do we have a good fix yet?:cautious:

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I had the same issue with no pedal after swapping to Cadillac rear disc brake setup while bleeding the brakes. Had to bleed them 5 or 6 times before I got a hard pedal and brakes that work.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Post #10
I would also like to add that if you got QP's base disc kit, it is indeed the Seville/Eldo calipers. They are a mf'er to bleed. To aid this: cycle the e-brake a few times in between bleed sessions. The pistons ratchet out as you use the e-brake, thus reducing piston travel to the rotor.

michmalibuman

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2017
E-brake cables to long ? What are they doing to shorten them up? Got a U shape thing to take slack out of the cable and the first time I used the e-brake it broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor