G body door removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyd4762

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 31, 2009
how hard is it to removing and installing doors from an G BODY CUTLASS, will a helping hand be needed? :?

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
I removed myself once at a junkyard when my socket fell into a crack. It wasn't hard at all. Just removed some bolts and it came off. Would have been easier with a helper, though.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Getting it off is easy- getting it back on- not so much. Get a helper and a jack and a block of wood to protect the finish.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
If you gut it, it will be lighter.. if you ever moved one around in the garage, you will answer your own question.
a decent jack with a short 2x4 or 2x6 centered in the door should help lift it a little bit. Give yourself alot of room to move the jack around. Have a thick blanket or carpet nearby to set it on once it's free..

If you drop the door on it edge, you will find out how easy a corner can bend.. And how your say words only you can understand.. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor