G-Body Doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Goodmark has been promising MC, Elky and malibu doors for awhile. Haven't seen anything about cutlass/regal or gp doors.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Give it time - they are just now reaching that age where this kind of stuff will pop up. That being said, you are usually better off with GM doors even if you have to search for them.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
grandamman said:
87GP said:
Goodmark has been promising MC, Elky and malibu doors for awhile. Haven't seen anything about cutlass/regal or gp doors.

Is this just the shell or complete door? I havent seen them.

By complete do you mean glass, regulator, locks, etc? A door shell is an empty door that will need any hardware and glass, locks, moldings, etc transferred from the old door.
A door skin is just the outside panel and requires a fair amount of skill to install.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
87GP said:
grandamman said:
87GP said:

Is this just the shell or complete door? I havent seen them.

By complete do you mean glass, regulator, locks, etc? A door shell is an empty door that will need any hardware and glass, locks, moldings, etc transferred from the old door.
A door skin is just the outside panel and requires a fair amount of skill to install.
I meant to say door skin or complete door, as in shell. I havent sean either. Do they make either one?

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I don't think so. dixiemontecarlo lists the skins and doors but has a note saying working on tooling and no date. I'm sure those are the same goodmark ones that never seem to get made made.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
You'd be better off finding something in a junkyard. You could probly buy a whole donor car for the price of two door shells.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
I'm sure! You know if these Tiawan doors ever do become reality they won't be cheap or as good a fit as OEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor