G Body Driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolthisisnuts

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2021
I'm installing a new ford 9 inch in my 83 el camino. I'm Looking for a cheap online driveline shop I can send measurements too. I'm not looking for anything exotic. Just a new steel driveshaft with 1350 series u joints.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
When i put the 4 speed muncie in and the ford 9" i was able to find a u_joint that fit and used the original driveshaft

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If you are going for cheap maybe try a local ring and pinion shop or joint, clutch and gear place that would either make them or have someone that makes them for them.

druggles85

Pendejo
Oct 25, 2009
Exeter, NH
Do you need longer or shorter?

I needed a longer shaft for my 350 5speed swap with the factory rear.

I ordered one from southwest speed, I lucked out and they had the exact size I needed on the shelf.

Pretty sure it came with 1350 u joints. I had to get a conversion joint for my 7.5 axle.

I probably could have got a shaft made locally for cheaper, but I'd need to take time off work to drop it off and pick it up. Really was just easier to order it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor