G body forum member shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey everyone! You know what would be sweet? On another (non-G body) site, I saw this thing where people [desiring to ship something] post where they are sending things from and to; Then, someone from the message board that will be going that way takes it for a fee. We should set something up on here for the frequent travelers or truckers to help anyone out. We can call the board section "G-ship" !

What do you guys think? Moderators?

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Better hope that person that's delivering it for you is trustworthy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Better hope that person that's delivering it for you is trustworthy.
That would definitely have to be something to work out.
Sometimes I have seen private truckers or someone with a logistics company doing this. Or someone performing a move, traveling on a road trip, etc. One can even check ID and have them sign something...

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes, of course. Definitely. One could have them sign something, check ID, etc.
I suggest this mainly for large items like fenders, body panels, rad supports, seats, etc. It would be at the discretion of the driver, and you could discuss the fee?
I saw professional [such as automobile] shippers do this on the site, but it could be others like travelers, someone on a move, road trip, logistics companies, etc.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
If there was a pin board on the site, such as Bob64 traveling to Florida, leaving in 5 days from Buffalo. Then it's possible to move larger open parts. But can't see anyone wanting to move small wrapped packages for $10. The sender would have to meet the said person and the delivery would have to be met. Then that way the traveller doesn't have to find anyone.
As for truckers find a Bonded truck, also l'm sure there is Truck drivers on the this site and delivery from Truck stop to truck stop may be doable. Wrap parts in see threw bubble wrap.
Take some time to get such a thing up and running.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
My brothers 69 442 fenders came to Jersey from arazona on a gray hound bus it's something to look into

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes, that sounds like something good. I certainly would recommend a meeting of the shipper/delivery tripper. I'm definitely talking about large and/or heavy items. The 10 dollar stuff would be easily handled by the regular 3- USPS, FedEx, or the Brown guys. I think we all could post in general discussion for the interim, stating what we need shipped, and ask if anyone is going that way- then set things up, meet up, etc. What do we think?

• Agree

mudpaws

Apprentice
Oct 26, 2010
Long Island, NY
yep- we shall see. In the States for starters should be pretty good. The communication/trust thing would be all-encompassing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor