G Body Heater/AC Box Seal Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Guys, I'm neck deep into my HVAC case. I have the lid off to replace both the heater and evaporator cores while I'm restoring everything else under the hood.

When I got the lid off I noticed all the foam rubber seals used to put the case together including several seals on the evaporator core, a seal to close off the area around the heater core, weatherstripping above the heater core etc.

I realized I didn't want to put it together without that stuff and started looking for a seal kit. I found nothing in my OPGI catalog and didn't find much with a google search. However, I found a kit through The Parts Place. They didn't have much of a description and no pictures though. I went ahead and bought it, and boy am I glad I did. I'm really impressed. I think everything you would need to totally restore the case, seal wise is included. It comes with instructions as well. The instructions don't seem phenominal but contain some good photos.

I wanted you guys to be aware this is out there. I'm not going to pull the case off the firewall for my project so this has more than I need to get it back together right.
20170315_170829.jpg

20170315_170839.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 6 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Wow. Nice seal kit. We just used to use ack-em pucky and foam rubber

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Guys, I'm neck deep into my HVAC case. I have the lid off to replace both the heater and evaporator cores while I'm restoring everything else under the hood.

When I got the lid off I noticed all the foam rubber seals used to put the case together including several seals on the evaporator core, a seal to close off the area around the heater core, weatherstripping above the heater core etc.

I realized I didn't want to put it together without that stuff and started looking for a seal kit. I found nothing in my OPGI catalog and didn't find much with a google search. However, I found a kit through The Parts Place. They didn't have much of a description and no pictures though. I went ahead and bought it, and boy am I glad I did. I'm really impressed. I think everything you would need to totally restore the case, seal wise is included. It comes with instructions as well. The instructions don't seem phenominal but contain some good photos.

I wanted you guys to be aware this is out there. I'm not going to pull the case off the firewall for my project so this has more than I need to get it back together right.
View attachment 62346

View attachment 62347
I like the parts place! They seem to have alot of the oddball parts other places don't carry. Hell, i think they have 100+ pages of stuff on their site for most of our cars!

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
HOLY CRAP !!!! I cant believe you posted this ! Ive spent hours looking on the Grainger, MSC, and at least a dozen other sites that sell foam rubber trying to find foam like this so I could redo mine !
I did a search for "Parts Place" and a few come up. One had GM stuff but when I put in the part number shown nothing came up. Can you give more details on this set ?? PLEASE ???

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jared,
I sealed the top of the box with good ol' 3M Strip caulk...and to seal the opening around the evaporator pipe, I used a piece of pipe wrap foam cut to size, and then stuffed it around the pipes.
That is a nice kit, though. I had no idea it existed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Jack, I found it on ebay from Mikes Montes. I'll be on the phone tomorrow placing the order. I been holding off putting the box back in because I didnt like the idea of not having the foam. I think hes getting around $54 on ebay.
IMG_0661.JPG

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
HOLY CRAP !!!! I cant believe you posted this ! Ive spent hours looking on the Grainger, MSC, and at least a dozen other sites that sell foam rubber trying to find foam like this so I could redo mine !
I did a search for "Parts Place" and a few come up. One had GM stuff but when I put in the part number shown nothing came up. Can you give more details on this set ?? PLEASE ???
With The Parts Place the part number is HS2880A
https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Funny, I tried by both part numbers on their site and neither comes up but I just did a google search and it shows up for $49. Thanks for posting that info !!!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Great ! I called Mikes Montes about 20 minutes ago and he has them in stock. Hes having it go out Fedex today so I'll have it on Sat !!!! Im so glad I read this post !!!!!!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
What type of paint did you use on your HVAC box? It has a nice satin finish to it. I redid mine using Duplicolor semi-flat black and it looks a bit too flat to my liking. Is that SEM Trim black that you used?
Prior to that, I used Rustoleum semi-gloss black and that was too glossy. It's good durable paint, but the finish just wasn't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor