G-body newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
Now that I've resolved the registration issues (thanks, Chris), I'll introduce myself.

I've owned 64-72 A-body Oldsmobiles for several decades (DECADES?!) and currently have a half dozen 442s. I recently acquired my first G-body when a 78 Elco followed me home. "Followed" is literal, since it was a free (but basically complete) body and frame less drivetrain. Since even the engine mounts are gone, I'll be dropping a 350 Olds/TH350 combo into it. I'll be fantasizing about the Cutlass nose swap for some time. The frame rails are pretty good, with only a couple of small spots needing welding, but it looks like I'm into some sheet metal replacement. I've been lurking on the site and learned a lot so far. Thanks in advance for the help I know I'll get.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Wow! That's quite a collection of 442s; no wondering why they are so rare, you got most of them!

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
That's what I like to see. Dedication to the brand. Like when I owned my Cadillac, I was on a Cadillac forum. I'd see guys that'd list their cars. You'd see like 20 or more of just Cadillacs. That's pretty cool. You just do it with 442's... And that's plenty fine by me!

:wink:

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
Welcome to the site, u have any pics of the oldsmobiles? nice to have another olds owner on this site...

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
I'm jealous of your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor