G-Body owner in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 23, 2015
Hey folks, I'm based in the UK just outside of London.

I've had this 1979 Olds Cutlass Supreme for around 13 years as an 'unstarted' project. It was a daily driver for a year then I pulled it off the road with the intention of building a Pro-Touring car.

OldsSide.jpg

I've been accumulating a bunch of parts over the years, rechromed bumpers, all new external chrome such as door handles and hood spear, a Ride-Tech Shockwave/Strong Arm suspension set-up, 13" all-round Baer Track brake system as well as various other bits and pieces.

About 6 years ago, I was offered an '85 Hurst Cutlass for not much money (about the equivilant of $800). I very nearly decided to can the '79 and build the Hurst as a Pro-Tourer, but the more I looked into it, the rustier it was, so I ended up parting it out and keeping the chassis, engine/trans and 8.5" rear end. I sold some parts on eBay, and got back my original purchase price of the entire car selling the Lightning Rods shifter alone!

My '79 has the typical rear frame rot, so the plan is to build up the Hurst chassis (it has only minor rust around a couple of the body mount holes), and then switching the '79 body onto it. I thought about using the Olds 307 H/O from the Hurst but it really wasn't going to cut it, so the plan now is to go with a crate LS3 and 4L65-E combo.

Anyway, I'm getting real close to actually starting work on this project, so hopefully they'll be some interest from across the Atlantic into what a guy from the UK can do with this car.

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
welcome from across the pond

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome from North Central Florida!
Sounds like you have some cool plans for your Cutlass build. Keep us up to date on your progress. We love to see progress underway.

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Hello & welcome from Toronto, Canada.
Like your plans for the Olds. Keep us posted on your progress.
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor