G Body Parts and Complete Cars for Restore

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
How is the interior of the 81’ LeMans wagon? I’d guess rough, even in WI those in yards are usually dry rotted. But thought it’s worth asking, looks like maybe the same beige my 81’ has.

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
78Delta88, Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to go browsing. Watch out for the snakes and scorpions. Old hulks make great hiding places and spots for sunning themselves during the warmth of the day.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Anything in the yard to do with G-body Elkys or Montes 1981 or newer??

Looking for the shifter console for the late 70's Malibu, same for the El Camino, or the Monte.

Nick

Hi Nick

First off I'm not trying to take anything away from 78Delta88. Just wanted to let you know that there is a fellow in Alberta that parts out Malibus, he's also a member here but doesn't get on the site a whole lot. He's got a few consoles by the look of it.

Screenshot_20221127-104111_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Huh! Yes He Does. Does your source have a website or e-mail or list of inventory?

Nick

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
O.D. Showtime, Nope. Never joined the Facebook Follies. By virtue of choice, I also don't Tweet, Twerk, Instablab, or tiktok. (I let my clocks do that) I do engage in tweaking, if the piece of metal or bracket or component needs to be "encouraged" to get along with the program.

What I am interested in, from your pictures, would be the claret/dark maroon colored console, and the matching dash assembly, if they are for a mid 80's, 1984-88 MonteCarlo, that had A/C. The dash does not need to have its gauges or other controls still in it. The bare bones of it would be perfect. It would need to be intact as to its covering.

What I would also like to locate is the 4 speed console from a late 70's, say 78-81, either a Malibu or El Camino. Not the tall one, these are short and lay very close down on the tunnel.

There is no fantastic hurry on any of this. These items are all targets of opportunity for me. If you do happen to be visiting this individual and get the chance, I would appreciate you asking. After that, well, Alberta is only three provinces, and about a 1000 miles, west of me so it would all depend where in the province he is located as to whether I could pull off a banzai run out there to do some business.

Nick

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
What I would also like to locate is the 4 speed console from a late 70's, say 78-81, either a Malibu or El Camino. Not the tall one, these are short and lay very close down on the tunnel.
The console is the same as an automatic but sits a few inches back. There is no bread box under the radio & the front left corner sits about on the edge of the plastic hump trim. The rear console floor mount bracket has two sets of mount holes for this, front set for auto & rear set for manual. The shifter plate is replaced with one with what's like a coin tray. Pontiacs used the same console in their manual cars.

Reactions: 1 user

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
Cool! That yard is just outside Sierra Vista it looks like, I'm about 1.5 hours away. I might have to go check it out when I go look for for trim.

CopperNick

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yes to all that you noted and commented on PAGrunt. Thing for me is that I want a low profile console like what may have been used in the pre-80 Bu's. Had an opportunity years ago to score one but passed on it because it wasn't something that I thought i would have any use for at the time. Dude was cleaning out a stash of parts left over from a project and he did have a brand new factory fresh Z-Bar for a four speed that I had my eye on. Cost me a 40 of whiskey to score it so not sure what he would have wanted for the other pieces. Too bad, he had a set of pristine buckets for an SS Chevelle. Black on black.

The other thing here is that my shifter is not the centre/top mount version that got used with the Saginaws/Camaros in the 80's, although I do happen to have that variant down in the basement shop.

What I built and dropped in is a Muncie, "Texas" M20+ 4 speed, c/w a vintage genuine old school Hurst Competition Plus hung off the side of the tail-shaft housing and the offset pocket in the tunnel for it to peak up from. I term it a Texas version because most of its guts came from Texas Gear. About the only stock parts are the case, which is an M21/22 version with the 1 inch bore countershaft, the side cover, the tail-shaft housing, and the main-shaft. It also has had its first gear and matching cluster gear tooth count changed to something that will let the motor wind out a little more before heading for second.

All this is why the stock console, even if modified or shortened, doesn't really fit anymore. Any console I want to use has to have the offset pocket in it for the Hurst/early Saginaw/T-10 shifter configuration. In reality I may be looking for somethng a lot older than 78, say as far back as the early 70's A-bodies. OPGi used to offer what I want in their pre Covid catalogue, but the 22 version is so vanilla as to contents that it really offers nothing of interest to me any more.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor