G Body Pro Touring Forged Tall Performance Spindles for the G-Body

RecklessRegal

RecklessRegal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2019
Mac sent this post over to me so I can further assist you in your quest for spindle weights.

After some brief research it would appear that the lightweight billet drag spindle you are referring to has a shipping weight of 15 lbs a pair.
The belltech version of the same are 34 lbs a pair.
Stock take off spindles also have the same shipping weight at 34 lbs a pair.
Our new G Body Pro Touring Forged Tall Performance Spindle are 10 lbs each.

I hope this adequately answered your questions,

A quick call to the shop will save you hours of internet searching.

Need technical assistance? Call us. 317-408-4272

Brandie D, Warehouse Manager
Southside Machine Performance LLC
http://www.southsidemachineperformance.com/
http://www.ssmperformance.com/
(317) 408-4272

[email protected]
Thank you. The spindles I have aren't billet, so I will check the weight on them and get back to you. As you know in racing, every ounce matters.

Macguyver

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Geometry wise, they remove the need for taller ball joints, is there any other changes they make? How is the compatibility with other manufacturers A arms? Say for example UMI's A arms? What about brakes, like a wilwood setup, still compatible? Can you get different length steering arms to change steering ratios, full lock angle?
Correct, they remove the need for tall ball joints and take it a step further with greater dynamic camber curves.
If another company has a true tall spindle A-Arm there should be no compatibility issues.
We would recommend our new fully adjustable upper A-Arm. The range of our new adjustable upper A-Arm is off the chart!
Yes, modern hub style aftermarket brakes are found all over the web. As well as the affordable C5/C6 swap most guys like.
Steering arm options will be standard and quick ratio with a steering arm change.

S

scoti

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 5, 2019
Correct, they remove the need for tall ball joints and take it a step further with greater dynamic camber curves.
If another company has a true tall spindle A-Arm there should be no compatibility issues.
We would recommend our new fully adjustable upper A-Arm. The range of our new adjustable upper A-Arm is off the chart!
Yes, modern hub style aftermarket brakes are found all over the web. As well as the affordable C5/C6 swap most guys like.
Steering arm options will be standard and quick ratio with a steering arm change.
So....
When will more info on all of this be posted on the official website? I have been researching spindle options & my best current option, while very light, is also very expensive. I sure would like more options to make the best decision for my budget.

Reactions: Macguyver
Macguyver

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
So....
When will more info on all of this be posted on the official website? I have been researching spindle options & my best current option, while very light, is also very expensive. I sure would like more options to make the best decision for my budget.
What do you need to know? Just call the shop. No secrets here.
-Mac

Reactions: TURNA
S

scoti

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 5, 2019
What do you need to know? Just call the shop. No secrets here.
-Mac
Just didn't see anything about these @ all when I did go to the website. I don't feel a need to tie up someone's time on a phone unless necessary like to actually make a purchase or asking specific questions if the info isn't mentioned (or clear) in the technical specs. I won't pretend to know all relevant details to inquire about for a spindle designed to improve on the OE GM suspension geometry. It's nice to visit a website that lists the items features, some detail explanation of said features, & pricing/availability.

Streetbu

Streetbu

Royal Smart Person
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wow you guys are being harsh. If you want light weight, get a drag race style spindle. If you want big brakes and better geometry, these look like an awesome alternative that should bolt on and make a huge difference.

S

scoti

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 5, 2019
Wow you guys are being harsh. If you want light weight, get a drag race style spindle. If you want big brakes and better geometry, these look like an awesome alternative that should bolt on and make a huge difference.
Harsh? Hardly....
Your statement "These look like an awesome alternative that should bolt on and make a huge difference" is true except that should word. I went to their listed web-site & looked for spec details, pricing, & availability. If you can't get them they're not a good alternative. If they cost the same as the others, it's a wash unless weight is a primary concern then they're not necessarily a good alternative. Seem like pretty fair questions

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor