G Body Pro Touring Forged Tall Performance Spindles for the G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Just off the top of my head If I recall correctly we achieved a smooth transition just shy of 2 degrees camber gain per inch during compression.
Another 2 degrees on the outside wheel while turning the steering wheel 15 degrees with around 20% corner weight change.
Uses 'stock style' spindle version of the 64-72 disc brake kits previously posted/linked.
Uses Moog K772 upper ball joint. Build a hybrid if using a bolt in UBJ
Does not use the A Body LBJ. We are building a hybrid with QA1 parts.
Does not use the A Body TRE. Uses a GM 3/4 ton truck TRE.
Uses the stock center link. (could step up the whole assembly with 11/16" if wanted, 5/8" is stock)
Fast ratio steering arms simply turn the wheels faster.

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a TRE?

scoti

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Just off the top of my head If I recall correctly we achieved a smooth transition just shy of 2 degrees camber gain per inch during compression.
Another 2 degrees on the outside wheel while turning the steering wheel 15 degrees with around 20% corner weight change.
Uses 'stock style' spindle version of the 64-72 disc brake kits previously posted/linked.
Uses Moog K772 upper ball joint. Build a hybrid if using a bolt in UBJ
Does not use the A Body LBJ. We are building a hybrid with QA1 parts.
Does not use the A Body TRE. Uses a GM 3/4 ton truck TRE.
Uses the stock center link. (could step up the whole assembly with 11/16" if wanted, 5/8" is stock)
Fast ratio steering arms simply turn the wheels faster.
Ok.... Seems like I would be better off getting the BJ's from you when purchasing the spindle (since I have the SPC upper arms that would require the bolt-in style hybrid) & just getting the TRE's local. I'm on the fence for the fast Ratio steering arms so I think I'd just go standard & upgrade if I feel the desire @ a later time.

Thanks for the prompt response.

*EDIT*
One further comment/suggestion.... When you navigate through the ordering options online @ SSM for the G-Body NEG Roll Tall Spindle, there is no selection for your mentioned 0-3" height options. Seems there should be a drop down box to select which height option you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor